Saturday, October 9, 2010

To the City of Light!

Well, as many of you know, I have obtained a job! I am now a server at Chevy's Mexican Restaurant. I feel a bit like I just signed up for prison.

But it's a relief to have an income. I am very grateful for this.

I've been spending a lot of time with myself lately. My roommate Katie has a busy life full of work and nursing school, and I don't really know anyone else, so here I stay. Or rather, with myself I remain. I go plenty of places. The other day I had a picnic in the park, read some books, wrote in my journal, and went for a walk. 'Twas lovely.

And tonight, I found it! I found it, humans, the very thing I have craved for YEARS! That's right, The Brave Little Toaster. I can't believe i didn't think of it before, but there it is, in its entirety, on Youtube. Oh, that
glorious movie. It is my childhood.

I'm only about twenty minutes into it, but I thought I should share the lyrics to the first musical number, "City of Light."




Life is like a journey on a road that's within
Head says you should stay, but your heart says to begin
So you go
But you don't wanna go


Any life worth living
Isn't life just filled with ease
You just stay forgiving through the forest and the trees
And you'll go
Just where you wanna go


Time flies by in the city of light
Time stands still in the country
There's no time for a fuss and a fight
As we travel the land
And I'd be satisfied just to be not denied
To reside with some pride
While I ride
To the city, the city of light!


Light shines like a diamond in the city at night
When that diamond shines you know that everything's all right
But you know
We got a way to go


Let us meet the master
We don't wanna make him wait
You just keep a-knockin'
He will open up the gate
To that city of light


Master is a man with a plan I can understand
Master is a man of great reflection
Master is a man who lays his hand across the land
Master is the man of our affection


Time flies by in the city of light
Time stands still in the country
There's no time for a fuss and a fight
As we travel the land
And I'd be satisfied just to be not denied
To reside with some pride
While I ride
To the city, the city of light!

Odd....is this movie some kind of allegory for the plan of salvation? Just look at stanzas 5 and 6...this will require some contemplation. I'll let you know if the rest of the plot fits into this hypothesis.

ALSO, what the suicidal themes? This air conditioner splodes himself due to low self-esteem. The things I didn't know...

2 comments:

  1. Oh YES!! I'm so happy you found that! Also your acquiring of los hermanos' long lost twin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thank you for your empathetic enthusiasm! also, i miss you lots. if i figure out how to fly....i'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete